A healthy and independent lifestyle that gains from strong social connections is a leading factor in life fulfillment and extended health, and here at Willow Village we strive to create an environment that teams with opportunities for social interaction and so designed the Centre to accommodate these expectations.
Centrally located and comprising of a dining room, library, coffee lounge, administrative and 1 st level nurse offices, the community centre forms the heart of the village.
Tasty and well-balanced meals are served in our "country"- style dining area at reasonable prices. Lunches are served daily. Special arrangements can be made with the managers for functions such as parties and family gatherings.
Our refined yet cozy coffee/hobby lounge is adorned with elegant paintings that surround residents who come together to enjoy a cup of coffee, play the piano or participate in a game of cards.
The library features an extensive collection of both English and Afrikaans fiction and non-fiction books as well as a large collection of various magazines.
Medical / 1st level nursing
A 1st level nurse is on duty daily. The nurse ensures all our residents receive the necessary nursing requirements which includes:
- Evaluating patients and when necessary refer to medical practitioners, physiotherapists, dieticians, psychologists and any other medical team
- Testing blood pressure, pulse and respiration and testing of blood-sugar levels and urine
- Evaluate and caring of small wounds
- Removing of stitches
- Arranging and facilitating specialist visits, for example, foot, eye and ear specialists and reflexologies
- Making arrangements with the ambulance services when patients need to be transported to hospital
- Controlling of medication
- Planning health talks and arranging speakers / lecturers to meet with residents
- Health guidance / information supplied on a personal level
- Giving of vitamin injections, as prescribed by doctors
- House visits done to support and give advise to house bounded residents
- 24 hour day, frail care facilities are readily available at Willow Haven
- Clinic situated on the corner of Harte & Strulents Streets, The Willows, which is in close vicinity to Willow Village.
Our 30 bed frail care is supervised by professional nurses and assisted by community doctors.
A secure environment is ensured with 24-hour gated security and a perimeter wall topped with multi-zoned electrified fencing.